Cameroon has privatised in transparency, several heavyweight structures in the national economy:
- HEVECAM (rubber plantations);
- CAMEROON SHIPPING LINES (shipping);
- NATIONAL RAILWAYS CORPORATION (Rail transport);
- CAMEROON SUGAR COMPANY (sugar company);
- CAMTELMOBILE (telecommunications) COMPANY;
- CAMEROUNAISE DES PALMERAIES (palm oil plantations);
- NATIONAL ELECTRICITY CORPORATION (electricity).
These operations had a positive macroeconomic impact in particular which has reflected in the realisation of modernisation investments, suppressing the subsidies paid previously as pure waste by the State-shareholder and allowing the State, and NSIF and CFC to regularly collect contributions owed them.
In addition, important reforms of the activity framework were carried out after promulgation by the President of the Republic of modern laws; some of which include: the law governing the water sector, the law governing the electricity sector; the law governing the telecommunications sector and the law governing the postal sector.