The Ministry of Finance (Directorate General of Taxation) maintains technical and financial assistance relations with public establishments and corporations.
The assistance provided includes:
- placing staff at their disposal;
- organising training and capacity building seminars for staff on tax matters;
- collecting, remitting and controlling the audiovisual fee for the Cameroon Radio and Television Corporation (CRTV);
- collecting, remitting and controlling contributions to the Housing Loan Fund (Cr├®dit Foncier) and the National Employment Fund (NEF);
- collecting, remitting and controlling social contributions for the National Social Insurance Fund (NSIF).
The assistance provided concerns the coverage by the Ministry of Finance (DGT), of:
- The exemption from the company tax on the non-profit making activities of the corporations;
- The free of charge registration of instruments whose registration should normally have been borne by these structures;
- The free of charge registration of conventions signed between the public establishments or corporations and other terprises;
- The exemption from the business licence contribution for their cultural, educational, health, social, sporting or tourist activities.
For more information, click on www.impots.cm or call 82 00 (toll free)